Women’s Health and Wellness
Taking control of your health starts with you!
Vibrant Cares About Women’s Health!
Vibrant America offers a complete hormone testing menu that is essential to evaluating and determining your overall health and well being.
When is it necessary to order?
- When you suspect hormonal imbalance is affecting your sleep patterns, energy levels, and mood.
- To assess reproductive, sexual health and age related hormonal imbalances.
- When evaluating polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or suspicion of thyroid dysfunction.
This is the adrenal “stress hormone” that is elevated with both physical or emotional stressors and it plays a role in the metabolism of proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates.
To measure or monitor your estrogen levels; to detect an abnormal level or hormone imbalance; to monitor treatment for infertility or symptoms of menopause.
LH and FSH
Regulate and stimulate the growth and function of the ovaries and is used to evaluate fertility issues and function of other reproductive organs.
To help determine the cause of infertility, track ovulation, help diagnose an ectopic or failing pregnancy, monitor the health of a pregnancy, monitor progesterone replacement therapy, or help diagnose the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding.
In women is useful in the determination of risk for cardiovascular disease but the most frequent cause of elevated testosterone levels, is polycystic ovarian syndrome, however high levels are also associated with insulin resistance, abdominal obesity, abnormal lipids, and chronic inflammation.
Produced by the liver, SHBG is a protein that is tightly bound to testosterone, estrogen and DHT. SHBG is a mechanism for transporting these hormones in inactive form. These levels can effect the amount of testosterone that is used by the body’s tissues.
Anemia and Iron Deficiency
- Vitamin B12
Diabetes, Weight Management, Thyroids
Hormone HealthHormones play an important role in women’s health. Estrogen and progesterone are probably the most important hormones when evaluating reproductive health. In addition to these sex hormones, your body also makes and uses other important hormones that can have an effect on your overall health, such as your energy level, weight, mood, and sleep patterns.
1. Bidlingmaier F, Wagner-Barnack M, Butenandt O, Knorr D: Plasma estrogens in childhood and puberty under physiologic and pathologic conditions. Pediatr Res 1973;7(11):901-907
2. Elmlinger MW, Kuhnel W, Ranke MB: Reference ranges for serum concentrations of lutropin (LH), follitropin (FSH), estradiol (E2), prolactin, progesterone, sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), cortisol and ferritin in neonates, children and young adults. Clin Chem Lab Med 2002;40(11):1151-1160
3. Cummings SR, Browner WS, Bauer D, et al: Endogenous hormones and the risk of hip and vertebral frac-tures among older women. N Engl J Med 1998;339:733-738
4. Iughetti L, Predieri B, Ferrari M, et al: Diagnosis of central precocious puberty: endocrine assessment. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 2000;13 Suppl 1:709-715
5. Ismail AA, Barth JH: Endocrinology of gynaecomastia. Ann Clin Biochem 2001;38:596-607
6. Kligman I, Rosenwaks Z: Differentiating clinical profiles: predicting good responders, poor responders, and hyperresponders. Fertil Steril 2001;76:1185-1190
7. Traggiai C, Stanhope R: Delayed puberty. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002;16:139-151
PAYMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR PATIENTS
Vibrant America offers patients various payment methods and options.
Patients may use their insurance or self-pay the offered services.